Monday, July 19, 2010

Valpixel

Through concealing and/or exposing the human body, I seek to explore ideas or concepts which interest me. I am not interested in simply dressing the body - there are enough individuals and companies to do this. Rather, I aim to, in a sustainable way, seek innovation and expression while creating aesthetically pleasing garments using design principles.

My current collection entitled "Note to SELF" was conceived through trying to find a way to express the connectivity we share with the technology we create - both visceral and psychological. Technology is merely an extension of humanity, yet it sometimes seems to dehumanize us. To somehow communicate this feeling I developed a pixel print and created asymmetrical patterns using shapes inspired by the shapes and lines of the human muscle structure. Every pieces was designed, patterned, cut and sewn by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment